Jazz is an upbeat style of dance that resembles a high energy cross between Ballet technique and Hip Hop style.
Jazz dance is lots of fun to learn and watch.
This class is one hour in length once a week.
The season runs from September through May.
You must be at least 6 years old to enroll in this class.
See pre-school class for ages 3-6.
Jazz is also offered as a combo class - half hour Tap and half hour Jazz for the same price.
A pair of jazz shoes (see teacher for style and colour requirements) stretchy pants fitted to the knee and flared out from there and a body suit or shirt that does not cover the hands and is not excessively baggy.
Jeans or corduroy are not acceptable in any classes of dance.
Jewelry of any kind is not accepted.
These dress code rules are in place for the dancers safety.
1. NO jeans, cords, excessively baggy clothing or jewelry in class.
2. NO gum or candy in class.
3. NO gymnastics in class.
4. Indoor Voices only please.
5. NO sitting on shelves or hanging from coat racks.
6. Keep Quiet and LISTEN to your teachers when they are speaking or Demonstrating.
7. NO fighting or shoving, EVERYONE is a team and MUST work together.
8. MOST important HAVE FUN !