Learn the traditional dances of the Hawaiian islands.
From the Hula to the poi balls, shells to fire pots and bamboos - you will love learning this beautiful form of dance.
It is a workout that will leave you feeling relaxed and peaceful.
Hawaiian dance classes are exclusive to Amanda's School of Dance in Saint John, you will not find this anywhere else.
Hawaiian Classes are offered as a 10 week course.
A Hawaiian class is 1 hour in length, once a week for 10 weeks.
You Must be at least 7 years old to enroll in Hawaiian.
Bare or sock feet, comfortable pants that fit tight to the knee and then flair out and a top that is not excessively baggy.
Pants may not be under the feet and tops may not cover the hands.
Jeans or corduroy are not acceptable in any classes of dance.
Jewelry of any kind is not accepted.
These dress code rules are in place for the dancers safety.
1. NO jeans, cords, excessively baggy clothing or jewelry in class.
2. NO gum or candy in class.
3. NO gymnastics in class.
4. Indoor Voices only please.
5. NO sitting on shelves or hanging from coat racks.
6. Keep Quiet and LISTEN to your teachers when they are speaking or Demonstrating.
7. NO fighting or shoving, EVERYONE is a team and MUST work together.
8. MOST important HAVE FUN !